No announcement yet.

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spending the weekend in Cleveland. It's sort of like Queens, only with a lake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Livermore View Post
      Spending the weekend in Cleveland. It's sort of like Queens, only with a lake.

That Green Day setlist is killing me. I'd of paid big buckaroos to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteEG View Post

That Green Day setlist is killing me. I'd of paid big buckaroos to see it.
        Several people tried, but they weren't accepting buckaroos at the door, no matter what their size.

Comment

• Was really kind of like two weekends with a half work day in between, but either way it's a real bummer to be back to reality after one of the most fun series of days I've had in a while.
          Wednesday - had off work. Wife and I got some tattoos at my friends' shop followed by a lovely dinner at Cracker Barrel.
          Thursday - our 5th wedding anniversary. Went to breakfast at IHOP followed by loafing around at home watching dvr'd episodes from the one Phineas & Ferb marathon before she went to get a new haircut and we had some dinner at the Arirang our rehearsal dinner was at. The people at the same table as us on top of being really nice and funny were also there celebrating a birthday and let us have a couple slices of cake too.
          Friday - had to work a partial day then went to see Jurassic World with my wife and 5 of our friends followed by grabbing some slurpees and loitering/bullshitting in a 7-11 parking lot until around midnight. Felt like a teenager again.
          Saturday - picked up my in laws' awesome bernese mountain dog to join my dog and i at the dog park for a couple hours. we were house/pet sitting for them while they were driving out to the breeder where they got him to pick him out a little brother that they'll be going to pick up in July when he's old enough to be separated from his mother. went to a bbq at my Aunt's in the evening and sat and talked with some cool people about music, dogs and Pawn Stars.
          Sunday - more time at a different dog park. took a pretty awesome nap for a while til her folks got home. then it was back to our apartment and knocking out a bunch more P&F episodes while I worked on some flyers for shows I'm putting together in July.
          went out and did a lot, but still felt well rested enough this morning when it was time to get up for work.

Comment

• tonight - Dinosaur Jr. and Primus at The Stone Pony. My cousin from CT and his girlfriend are coming down too. Gonna pick them up at their hotel and grab some lunch at a pizza place I love beforehand. Might hit up the pinball museum across the street from the venue before the show if time and money permit.
            tomorrow - Taking Weasley to the dog park in the morning to tire him out before it gets too hot out. was supposed to have an awesome belated birthday show in New Brunswick, but the venue decided to close unannounced "for renovations" screwing pretty much everybody that had anything booked there all summer. (rescheduled and relocated it to another bar next Saturday). I had started coming up with a cool plan for a get together at my apartment watching some movies that a couple of friends of mine had mentioned never seeing that a lot of the rest of us love and maybe going to do some bowling, but then my sister in law seemed to sense people were gonna do something fun and decided she'd come up to visit with our 2 year old nephew instead. on the plus side i will get to hang out with my mother in law's new awesome puppy and her already awesome full grown dog that I always enjoy the company of (both bernese mountain dogs ages 9 weeks and 3 years respectively).
            Sunday - typical boring stuff necessary for the coming work week. laundry and making my playlists for Monday-Friday.

Comment

• had one of the better weekends I've had in a while even though I ended up having to skip a couple of shows that I'd normally be all about going to. Found out about them too late and knew shuffling things around to go to them instead of hanging out with the wife wouldn't go over well.
              Friday - had to miss Mephiskapheles at The Lanes, but got to hang out at a pretty fun bbq. Had some good conversation with friends, a few alright cheeseburgers and enjoyed the drunken trashtalk of people playing Smash Brothers.
              Saturday - spent the morning running errands with my wife since she had a girl's night to go to that evening. capped that off with a nice lunch out. worked on making my itunes playlists for the workweek a while. had to miss an outdoor Screaming Females show in New Brunswick that sounded like it would've been a lot of fun, but I had promised to do laundry so my wife wouldn't have to be stuck doing it herself when i went out the following day. knocked out laundry at my apartment complex in what seemed like much less time than it typically takes. after putting all of that away i got a text saying girl's night actually ended up being postponed cuz several folks couldn't make it out last minute and that significant others were now allowed to come hang too. got to bullshit with friends over pizza until like 1am. good times.
              Sunday - hung out at the dog park for a couple hours. always fun. one guy had a big awesome truck that he proceeded to let 2 adult and 2 puppy Dogue De Bordeaux out of like the most awesome clown car ever. he's pretty much winning at life. was b.s.ing on the computer planning to kill most of the hours leading up to when I was driving down to see The Obvious and a couple touring bands in Asbury when I got a text from friends of mine who moved to Oregon years ago that they were out back home this weekend for a wedding that ended way earlier than they thought it was going to if we wanted to go hang at their folks'. So got the awesome double surprise of seeing friends I didn't expect to and having an extra bbq added to the weekend. Went to The Lanes on a full stomach. Learned about two new awesome out of state bands I happily purchased cd's from (American Pinup from NY and Freakabout from NE). Because the show was on a Sunday it started and ended earlier than usual, so I was home well before midnight.

Comment

• All throughout this weekend is the annual webathon my friend does to raise money/awareness for Spondylitis (arthritic disease leading to inflamation and fusing of the spinal vertebrae that his wife has). Acoustic artists are all doing their sets live on the web from his apartment and then some full bands that obviously can't perform in an apartment pre-recorded sets that will play during the morning and late night hours. Would definitely be cool if folks tuned in. Just go to blowupradio.com. On the off chance anybody wants to hear me be longwinded as opposed to just trying to read it and even play a few songs my set happens at 1:30pm eastern standard time on Sunday the 18th.
                Tonight - watch Devils vs. Sharks then go see my friends' roots style ska band in New Brunswick
                Saturday - no set plans. last couple of weekends were super hectic so pretty sure the wife and I will like a day to just lounge about especially since this is supposed to be the first really chilly weekend of the fall with highs in the 50's. so definitely good catch up on stuff we dvr'd and only leave the apartment briefly to take the dog on walks kind of weather.
                Sunday - as mentioned will be recording my set for the Spondylitis Webathon

Comment

Working...
                X