Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why bother? 2015 (now with more pointless whining!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had a birthday few days back. I don't care, and usually don't do anything. But i went to the bar with my friends and they brought pizza and cupcakes and chips, and i got really drunk. So it was awkward, because I don't like that much attention, but at the same time it was really nice of them, and they is cool folk. then played a show the next night, which was fun, and then saw the CHEAP GIRLS last night and it was rad. So basically, I have been having too much of a good time lately, and now i fear the crash...

Comment

I forgot my phone at the apartment before leaving for work today. Things are dead at work and there's a bunch of stuff I need to text people about, but can't. And I don't know any of the peoples' e-mail addresses. I'm the last holdout weirdo not on Facebook where of course all of them are. If I do finally cave and join I told myself I wouldn't do it until 2017, so I can at least tell myself I was able to put up a good fight for a decade since that's when everybody was lame and left myspace in spite of it being great to everybody for years. I have early release Fridays for the Summer, but I'm too broke to go do anything with my afternoon or even grab a nice lunch somewhere. My wife, who has a full workday, has decided to be a hater and give me a list of shit to do. So basically it's just me sitting around here for the next 2 and a half hours bored out of my skull while I wait for the hammer to drop with all the tediousness waiting for me. I'm also convinced that everybody I know must be trying to reach me with urgent matters while my phone buzzes all over my nightstand (though I'm sure I'll have no messages when I actually get there to check). How's that for "pointless whining"?

Comment

life is still stupid. also, there's nothing worse than hearing an amazing gal who you cant get the fuck out of your head talking about her boyfriend, and her general happiness. See this is the pop punk bored, so I guess I had to go there at some point. LOVE STINX, YEAH YEAH! where's my beer?

Comment

I hate this post, it was like jynx
          Originally posted by Read hard View Post
          I guess I'll write this in this thread.

I feel super weird writing this, but I guess it' true. But I feel like life is pretty cool and I'm content at the moment with it! And that's not bad when you are Read hard! It's sort of been this way for a year or so and I find that pretty cool. I am also aware that at any moment things will fall apart and my life will fall apart, but I feel ready for it! I know that I probably can't offer the world much and if I'll try I'll probably fail over and over again, but now I actually feel like I sort of offer the world something, which feels nice! And for this tiny period in history when things seem nice for Read hard, I'm gonna enjoy it! This probably sounds like the second worst gloating soliloquy I've made! But just wanted to share it. But remember, no matter how thrilled I sound in this post, I still have to wake up every morning being René, so that should be inspiration to all of you!

Comment

Originally posted by mr. nobody View Post
            life is still stupid. also, there's nothing worse than hearing an amazing gal who you cant get the fuck out of your head talking about her boyfriend, and her general happiness. See this is the pop punk bored, so I guess I had to go there at some point. LOVE STINX, YEAH YEAH! where's my beer?
            Story of my life!

More and more the last week I've gone back to 2008, just back on why it all went wrong. Weirdly I've started thinking about shit that's been obvious that I haven't really thought about before. It's weird.

Comment

A whole month!

Comment

Last night I was sitting up in bed watching tv with my cat hanging out on my chest like we often do. She reached up her front paws to stretch like she does sometime and got one of her claws stuck in my beard. She freaked out got it real tangled so I had to cut a bit out of it (the beard not the cat). Went to the bathroom mirror to assess the damage and trim it up to even things out. I lost about 3 inches of beard length and look really lame and boring now. Don't know how many months/years it's gonna take to get back to a facial appearance that doesn't just bum me the fuck out every time I look in any kind of reflective surface.

Comment

Did you trim your cat's fur so it is equally embarrassed?
                  You could even use its fur to patch your beard.

Comment

Wouldn't look right. She's got the whole tortoise/calico thing going. While I have a good deal of white and greys coming in with the brown it's not quite that multi-colored. She is actually missing some hair in patches. Her and the dog are a bit stressed out and confused by our recent move to a new apartment and shedding even more than usual. I'd like to think her disfiguring me like she did though was just a whole confused ensnared animal reaction as opposed to being done with any sort of "Now you have a bald spot too fucker!" sort of malice.

Comment

Working...
                    X