Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why bother? 2015 (now with more pointless whining!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why bother? 2015 (now with more pointless whining!)

everything is stupid. nothing matters. I got mad last week at skyrim and threw the control at the screen and it broke. i don't deserve nice things. people have real problems and I'm just whining because i'm hung the fuck over as hell and am bad at being positive. Also i still hate myself because i'm an idiot. blah blah blah

• ScruffCardinale
    replied
    Wouldn't look right. She's got the whole tortoise/calico thing going. While I have a good deal of white and greys coming in with the brown it's not quite that multi-colored. She is actually missing some hair in patches. Her and the dog are a bit stressed out and confused by our recent move to a new apartment and shedding even more than usual. I'd like to think her disfiguring me like she did though was just a whole confused ensnared animal reaction as opposed to being done with any sort of "Now you have a bald spot too fucker!" sort of malice.

Leave a comment:

• Capnplank
    replied
    Did you trim your cat's fur so it is equally embarrassed?
    You could even use its fur to patch your beard.

Leave a comment:

• ScruffCardinale
    replied
    Last night I was sitting up in bed watching tv with my cat hanging out on my chest like we often do. She reached up her front paws to stretch like she does sometime and got one of her claws stuck in my beard. She freaked out got it real tangled so I had to cut a bit out of it (the beard not the cat). Went to the bathroom mirror to assess the damage and trim it up to even things out. I lost about 3 inches of beard length and look really lame and boring now. Don't know how many months/years it's gonna take to get back to a facial appearance that doesn't just bum me the fuck out every time I look in any kind of reflective surface.

Leave a comment:

• Capnplank
    replied
    A whole month!

Leave a comment:

• Read hard
    replied
    Originally posted by mr. nobody View Post
    life is still stupid. also, there's nothing worse than hearing an amazing gal who you cant get the fuck out of your head talking about her boyfriend, and her general happiness. See this is the pop punk bored, so I guess I had to go there at some point. LOVE STINX, YEAH YEAH! where's my beer?
    Story of my life!

More and more the last week I've gone back to 2008, just back on why it all went wrong. Weirdly I've started thinking about shit that's been obvious that I haven't really thought about before. It's weird.

Leave a comment:

• Read hard
    replied
    I hate this post, it was like jynx
    Originally posted by Read hard View Post
    I guess I'll write this in this thread.

I feel super weird writing this, but I guess it' true. But I feel like life is pretty cool and I'm content at the moment with it! And that's not bad when you are Read hard! It's sort of been this way for a year or so and I find that pretty cool. I am also aware that at any moment things will fall apart and my life will fall apart, but I feel ready for it! I know that I probably can't offer the world much and if I'll try I'll probably fail over and over again, but now I actually feel like I sort of offer the world something, which feels nice! And for this tiny period in history when things seem nice for Read hard, I'm gonna enjoy it! This probably sounds like the second worst gloating soliloquy I've made! But just wanted to share it. But remember, no matter how thrilled I sound in this post, I still have to wake up every morning being René, so that should be inspiration to all of you!

Leave a comment:

• mr. nobody
    replied
    life is still stupid. also, there's nothing worse than hearing an amazing gal who you cant get the fuck out of your head talking about her boyfriend, and her general happiness. See this is the pop punk bored, so I guess I had to go there at some point. LOVE STINX, YEAH YEAH! where's my beer?

Leave a comment:

• ScruffCardinale
    replied
    I forgot my phone at the apartment before leaving for work today. Things are dead at work and there's a bunch of stuff I need to text people about, but can't. And I don't know any of the peoples' e-mail addresses. I'm the last holdout weirdo not on Facebook where of course all of them are. If I do finally cave and join I told myself I wouldn't do it until 2017, so I can at least tell myself I was able to put up a good fight for a decade since that's when everybody was lame and left myspace in spite of it being great to everybody for years. I have early release Fridays for the Summer, but I'm too broke to go do anything with my afternoon or even grab a nice lunch somewhere. My wife, who has a full workday, has decided to be a hater and give me a list of shit to do. So basically it's just me sitting around here for the next 2 and a half hours bored out of my skull while I wait for the hammer to drop with all the tediousness waiting for me. I'm also convinced that everybody I know must be trying to reach me with urgent matters while my phone buzzes all over my nightstand (though I'm sure I'll have no messages when I actually get there to check). How's that for "pointless whining"?

Leave a comment:

• mr. nobody
    replied
    had a birthday few days back. I don't care, and usually don't do anything. But i went to the bar with my friends and they brought pizza and cupcakes and chips, and i got really drunk. So it was awkward, because I don't like that much attention, but at the same time it was really nice of them, and they is cool folk. then played a show the next night, which was fun, and then saw the CHEAP GIRLS last night and it was rad. So basically, I have been having too much of a good time lately, and now i fear the crash...

Leave a comment:

• ScruffCardinale
    replied
    Ended up just going the coin star route. Got myself $16.04 after the 10.9 cents or whatever it is they take from each dollar. The friend I was supposed to hang out with ended up having to cancel too, which while a bummer meant I didn't have to do as much driving yesterday evening as originally anticipated. Wife gets paid on Friday, so hopefully I can bum like $20 from her for my allergy med once I run out of that on Sunday, and I should be able to trudge through okay.

Leave a comment:

• Capnplank
    replied
    Cash in your jar of coins at the gas station.

Leave a comment:

• ScruffCardinale
    replied
    Went to the TD near where I work during my lunchbreak to cash in my jar of coins so I could bump myself up to having something like $75-80 and a quarter tank of gas that I need to somehow make last until I'm paid again on the 17th as opposed to the $60 I had before making the trip. The screen was black with some kind of sign in front of it I didn't bother going to read. Figured "Guess I'll have to try to hit up one of the other locations closer to home on my drive back", but one of my coworkers said something about how they're just doing away with all of them. So minor annoyance turned more to anger and panic now that I'm probably down to somewhere like a sixth of a tank. Some of the local supermarkets have coinstar, but that takes a percentage of each dollar. Probably gonna have to angrily chase away whatever bullshit travel league soccer kids or what have you are standing in front of the store this weekend away so I can take their panhandling turf.

Leave a comment:

• Read hard
    replied
    How are you doing today?

i went to therapy again yesterday, I always feel like there's something missing, like in the rest of my life. I feel like there is something that's lost in my life. Like something I long for that is long gone.

Leave a comment:

• mr. nobody
    replied
    I was sitting on the couch drinking beer and watching the Simpsons, and asked myself out loud "this isn't even that bad, why do I hate life so much" or something along those lines... And then the usual depression triggers popped back into my head, I took another sip of my Coors banquet, and tried to pay attention to the Simpsons. Then the dvd skipped. AGAIN.

Leave a comment:

• mr. nobody
    replied
    Each day begins to further resemble some sort of parody. The state of your mind is not well. You're in a bad place, where outlets that once gave you meaning no longer distract you from your self hatred and dissatisfaction with everything you are involved with. "Time to turn the tables, and make a positive change in my life!" you tell yourself, only coming to the conclusion, that, if it is that easy, you would have done so long ago, and you would be a in a better place. You grasp at straws to fill the growing void you feel within. How much longer can you tolerate yourself? How long before you finally break? Again defeated, you finally sit back in acceptance of your impending mental collapse....
    Last edited by mr. nobody; 05-10-2016, 02:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Read hard
    replied
    Going to therapy again tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• phrank
    replied
    Originally posted by Capnplank View Post
    ConFUc1uz00769 say he who look for hope in internet comment prob gay muslim fagit camel Obama.
    I'm glad you still exist.

Leave a comment:

• Capnplank
    replied
    ConFUc1uz00769 say he who look for hope in internet comment prob gay muslim fagit camel Obama.

Leave a comment:

• ScruffCardinale
    replied
    Really bummed to learn of Phife Dawg from A Tribe Called Quest's passing. But way more bummed at all the ill informed assholes in the comments sections under various articles I read about it saying shit to the effect of "never heard of him. just looks like another gang banger to me. who cares?". There's really not much hope for humanity.
    Last edited by ScruffCardinale; 03-23-2016, 06:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Capnplank
    replied
    Tell me about that.

Leave a comment:

• Read hard
    replied
    I went to the first session today! It went pretty well, I think!

Leave a comment:

• mr. nobody
    replied
    HOW DARE YOU HAVE ISSUES!!! AND THE NERVE YOU HAVE TO INQUIRE ABOUT SOME HELP WITH THOSE ISSUES! YOU ARE A BURDEN ON SOCIETY, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE PERFECT AND NORMAL LIKE OTHER PEOPLE!?!?!?!

society is fucking stupid. i wonder how often that sort of thing discourages people who need that sort of help from getting it?

Leave a comment:

• Read hard
    replied
    i think that would be the case for insanity, but what Ben Weasel asked in Only a Test, what does a nervous breakdown look like?

Anyways, I got a call from school who said they wanted me to go back to the old therapist, but he doesn't seem to take in new patients, so I feel like they bother him it seems like I'm in huge trouble or something and it's urgent and I don't feel like it is, I just feel like it would be nice to go back to therapy. I don't want to be a burden for anyone, Jesus Christ.

Leave a comment:

• mr. nobody
    replied
    This week has been stupid and miserable. Mainly because I am a pessimistic idiot who can't focus on the good things. Except the tacos I ate for dinner tonight. They were the highlight of my week.

I think I'm beginning a mental breakdown. But then again, if I can consciously refer to it as such, does that mean it's not really a true breakdown? I mean a truly insane person wouldn't sit around on a message bored telling everyone about how crazy they think they are, right? It's like, if you're truly punk, you don't have to tell anyone or have anyone tell you you are. It's just accepted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X