No announcement yet.

TV Shows 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forget the name of the channel I want to say it's like TV One or something to that effect. But it's similar to channels like BET and Centric. In either case they have this fantastic show called Unsung that's kind of like VH1's Behind The Music, but about groups and artists that didn't have so much time in the spotlight or such well known stories. I had caught a few episodes before. I remember first seeing and being super intrigued by the one about Tammi Terrell (sp?) and then catching some great ones about Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Fat Boys and Arrested Development. This past Thanksgiving weekend they played a marathon of the existing 99 episodes before premiering the 100th. I dvr'd any of the ones that seemed like they would be of particular interest to me. The best ones of those that I've gotten around to watching so far have been about Nate Dogg, The Ohio Players, Bootsy Collins, Kid 'N Play, Yo-Yo, Bootsy Collins and believe it or not Ray Parker Jr. I seriously had no idea how much more there was to his career than just the Ghostbusters theme. Was particularly impressed to learn he wrote New Edition's "Mr. Telephone Man". Definitely worth checking out and I hope they keep making more.

Comment

Working...
    X