This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduce Yourself Here!

Assuming new folks will come here, this is the place to say who you are and why we should care what you have to say. Maybe it will make navigating the board somewhat easier? Enoch, do you want to sticky this? If it gets no traction you can delete it and pretend this never happened. Great.

I'm Oliver. I was VickyR on the old board then I was Poopsounds then I was VickyR again for some reason if you're looking through old posts to try and find blackmail material.

I played drums in the beloved death-rock band Funeral Crashers and I currently yell in the beloved 'Mid-90's-Warped-Tour' tribute band, Panther Moderns.

I used to live in New York where I was a high ranking member of the 'clique' that ran the PPMB from 2003-2008. I recently moved to Boston where I attempt to navigate the concentric circles that pass for streets around here and join in on the collective insantity that insists you pronounce the word "peabody" as "pibiddy."

If you're in the MA area, get at your boy.

I am, and always have been, Chadd Derkins. I was in a bunch of bands you never heard of and Short Attention, who maybe you might have. I live in New York City. Mostly what I do on here is talk about Disney World, comics and movies.

Comment

I'm Matt and I'm currently eating some leftover buffalo chicken dip at my desk for lunch. I posted on the old board as Gurt and Package Thief, in case anyone's keeping score at home.

Comment

My name is Boyd, and I am the founder of The Kevins. I have brown hair. I live in Astoria, Queens with Rob, who is roughly seven inches taller than me. I've been with Laura and Dale. The good Dale is in the Lodge, and he can't leave. Write it in your diary.

Comment

i'm marshall. i'm from orlando, fl. i used to play guitar for cori yarckin and for mandy moore. i have the same birthday as Sadaharu Oh. i'm engaged to a swell lady. we're never getting married.

Comment

We should have some questions we have to fill out, that always makes introductions easier!

Anyways, let's make this short:

I'm René from Norway. I'm from Stavanger, but currently live in Bergen. I like Blink, soda and Jellybeans and I'm really looking forward to Babyfat the rock opera!

I've played music with other people and with myself. I played in the pop punk band Hostile cakeover in the beginning of this year.

I'm mostly annoying, and people have me on ignore, which is kind of sad for me, but I've thought of putting myself on ignore a couple of times.

I like to think I'm way less insufferable in real life, but that's probably not true.

I am pretty cool though and I have nice hair sometimes. I also provide the bored with lyrics at appropriate and inappropriate times.

Comment

I'm jenny. I am a person who has a fill time job at a comic book store in North Carolina. I was in one of those terrible bands on the steinways tribute. I sold grath's heroclix on the Internet. Posting from my phone yeah whatever
              Last edited by Jenny Incompetence; 11-05-2014, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I'm DaveNinja on the old bored and new. Ive been in The Four Eyes for 20-something years (we're going to make it big any day now!). Sacramento, earthquakes, tardis chicken coop, oakland A's, Trekkies 2.
                Dear DaveNinja, You have received a warning at Pop Punk Message Bored. Reason: ------- Insulted Other Member(s) You've insulted AMY, BAM! INFRACTION!

Comment

I am Donutman, on both the old and new board. My name is Paul and I live in NYC. I have a kid now, so I don't sleep. Donutman (after the Dickies song) was my lurker account across many websites / boards, with all intentions of never posting here. But I started posting while planning a trip to the 2007 insub fest.

Anyone know if there is a show replies to threads you posted in thingy?

Comment

I'm Noah WK.

Comment

I'm Suki, started posting as girl about ten years ago and have the PPMB to thank for pretty much my entire life since, so thanks a lot for that, I guess. Moved from Warren PA (home of the Peabodys) to New Brunswick NJ (home of the Ergs/Hunchback/For Science/Full of Fancy/etc) to Pittsburgh PA (home of sports and thinking it's okay to put french fries on a salad). Introduce me to your bass player.

Comment

Jesse- been lushj since joining to see what Larry was posting about me (true story!) in, um, 2005? Oof.

If you told me in 2000 that I'd travel to Baltimore not once, but repeatedly, to go to a multi-day pop punk festival, I would've told you to stop mixing your coke with PCP.

I love you all, although the only facial hair I'll admit to admiring is on Freddie, my avatar. The rest of you BEARDOS need to CHOP OFF THE FACE DREADS YOU DIRTY HIPPIES!

Comment

i am billy, which was my name on the old board. the new board wouldn't let me be billy, which is kinda lame. i used to run a pop punk website in the mid/late 90s, and i'm pretty sure it's been all downhill for me since then.
                          http://railsplitterband.com

Comment

all i needed was the avatar to know it was you

Comment

oh great, billy found his way here
                              Dear DaveNinja, You have received a warning at Pop Punk Message Bored. Reason: ------- Insulted Other Member(s) You've insulted AMY, BAM! INFRACTION!

Comment

PS- I got the same warning for insulting that slag, Amy Pond! UNITY!

Comment

I understand those warnings, insulting Amy Pond is pretty awful!

Comment

Originally posted by lushj View Post
                                    PS- I got the same warning for insulting that slag, Amy Pond! UNITY!
                                    "Slag" is the sort of term that encourages women to be open about exploring and expressing their sexuality, right? It must be, because it seems like we almost never hear about male slags.

Comment

I'm Trey, still here. just been quiet lately and making up for all the heckling i did at insub.

Comment

Hey, I'm Justin. I posted as Make_Way on the old bored, and am not creative enough to think of a better/different commenter handle. I've hung out with a few of you.

I'm from WNY.

Comment

I'm Nicole. I was also in the old board for almost the whole time.

Comment

I'm Kyle Serlington. a lot of people think that's my real name, but nope, i was in a band called the Serlingtons. we were pretty underrated. i joined the board back in 2004 as Fat Kyle and then changed my username within a year. currently i play bass in a thrashy hardcore band called Delete History. i also watch a lot of movies and like to cook a lot, especially BBQ. i'm the one on the right in my avatar. the one with the awesome hair

Comment

My name's Stanton but my friends have called me Stonie for several decades now. I posted on the old Bored under this name and Rev. Stonie Slagg before that. I write poetry and play in a band and have various other hobbies…

Comment

I'm Bibber, and I'm a gigantic puddle of shit.

Comment

My name is John. I post as Johney here and at the old bored because I'm too fucking stupid to spell it right. I live in Canada and need a goddamn job.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X