Could someone get in touch with Mikey Erg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone get in touch with Mikey Erg

And request he cover this song? Great tune, underrated band. He could do it some justice.

I'm pretty sure he's on twitter and various other social media type sites. If you followed/friended him on one of those and sent some message/tweet/however all that shit works (haven't been part of anything since myspace fell off) asking him to consider the song I bet he would. Or depending on where in the country you're from if you feel like seeing him at a show he's doing that I put together in Parlin, NJ at the end of this month you could just ask him there.

Comment

I don't really have any illusions of him doing it, just thought it would sound good. Also, I have little hope of him performing in Arkansas in the future, haha.

Comment

As long as he can figure out HOW to play something you can never really put it past him to cover it. The Ergs were hard to stump they'd pull out some semblance of several ridiculous requests made to them at their live shows or if people were just hanging at their practices on the fly. When he and Jeff did a couple of acoustic shows as The Two Thergs they pulled out such unconventional gems as Body Count's "Cop Killer" (sung as Cop Maimer and replacing all "fucks" with "forgets" since it was a coffeehouse show at the high school we all went to haha) and Kraftwerk's "Computer Love". One of the most interesting covers I've seen him do solo was when he surprised everybody with Ben Folds Five's "Julianne" at the same venue I alluded to in my last post back in August. And then of course the few times he'd do Ian Rubbish's "Sweet Iron Lady".

Comment

The Two Thergs cover of Computer Love is stellar. The fIREHOSE cover of Time With You from the same acoustic set also sort of blew my mind.

You know, The Ergs were just the best cover band ever.

Comment

I would love to here Mikey Erg cover Julianne.

Comment

Speaking of Mikey I would love to be at the Dec show with The Dopamines and Dead Mechanical in Baltimore.

Comment

I saw that guy the other night. drumming for Worriers. I was all "is that Mikey erg?" and sure as shit, it was. Cool story. Worriers fucking rocked too.

Comment

At this past Saturday's show he covered Elvis Costello's "Running Out Of Angels" which I'd seen him do a couple of times before, but the real gem was him pulling out an incredible rendition of Propagandhi's "Resisting Tyrannical Government". It was an especially well chosen song for its allusions to hockey and one of the big selling points of the show (aside from the obvious one of Mikey Erg playing it) was that it was happening on the night of the Devils vs. Canadiens game I was trying to entice some of my pals that weren't of the scene, but were Devils fans to come to out as well.
                  Last edited by ScruffCardinale; 12-08-2015, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Yep, Mikey was on drums for Worriers at the Boston show. Worriers and Beach Slang were kick ass.

Comment

damn i'd love to hear that propagandhi cover

Comment

Working...
                      X