Lar-Lar's "How to Ru(i)n a Record Label"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lar-Lar's "How to Ru(i)n a Record Label"

Got this in the mail today and am already about halfway through it. Bravo, Uncle Larry. I had written a (in my opinion deservedly) less than positive review of "Punk USA" here and while I wont bother to go through that with HTRARL (especially only sitting on page 185), I will say it is everything the earlier book is not. Well written, organized, informative, loaded with rare photos and some inside stories, etc., you really can't go wrong if you're a fan of the label and era. Anyway, not a Larry nutswinger or anything, just wanted to give it a tiny bit of praise here on the message board that no one reads. Good stuff Livermore.
    Last edited by Scott; 12-16-2015, 04:47 AM.

Thanks for reviewing half of it. Can you finish it and let me know how the second half is? No spoilers. I don't want to know how Larry ends up dying at the end.

Comment

What didn't you like about the Punk USA book? It seemed pretty dead on to me- including the different recollections of the people involved, ha ha ha...

Curious about Larry's book. Looking forward to it. He's an excellent writer.

Comment

Originally posted by lushj View Post
        What didn't you like about the Punk USA book? It seemed pretty dead on to me- including the different recollections of the people involved, ha ha ha...

Curious about Larry's book. Looking forward to it. He's an excellent writer.
        I wrote a few of the things I didn't like about it in this thread. On page 2.

http://bored.knockknockrecords.com/f...-records/page2

Comment

Working...
        X