Pro Wrestling talk!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Wrestling talk!!!

So, WWE's been pretty terrible lately, TNA has been surprisingly watchable since they did the NYC summer tapings, and I'm completely out of the loop on everything else going on for the most part.

I did watch an episode of ROH recently where AJ Styles wrestled Kyle O'Reilly in a fantastic match, so there's that.

ALSO, I'm working against HAKU in a tag match in NJ on December 5 and have a one on one vs Axl Rotten November 7! HOLY SHIT I AM GOING TO DIE, YOU GUYS!

how does Axl Rotten still have blood inside of him?
    Dear DaveNinja, You have received a warning at Pop Punk Message Bored. Reason: ------- Insulted Other Member(s) You've insulted AMY, BAM! INFRACTION!

Comment

I'm planning on fixing that problem in November, brrrrrrrroooothhhhheeeeerrrrrr!!!!

Comment

Damien Mizdow mimicking the Miz has been hilarious. The lip syncing backstage and the mirroring his moves ring side were a riot.

Comment

George, I happily bequeath you the wrestling thread, use it in good health.

Comment

I shall!!

Watched a really cool and entertaining match from Japan in 1990 last night - Haiku and Jumbo Tsuruta vs Rick Martel and Curt Hennig. Good stuff, Martel even busts out a 'rana at one point, which is very unlike him. Check it out when you get a chance!

Comment

I have completely stopped watching WWE. Everything that I have seen from them has been completely awful. Instead I have been watching AIW, Beyond Wrestling, and PWG. AIW has been putting on really fun shows all year, dating back to their Dead Presidents show from December 2013. I really hope they can keep their venue, because it's a nice spot for wrestling. I have the DVDs for BOLA 2014, but haven't had the chance to watch it yet
              http://seattlefuckingsupersonics.bandcamp.com/ pop-punk
              https://nightwitchfl.bandcamp.com/ - hardcore punk

Comment

I watch the WWE PPVs and Total Divas. Also, NXT when i get the chance. I'll probably start watching more once baseball season is done
                Dear DaveNinja, You have received a warning at Pop Punk Message Bored. Reason: ------- Insulted Other Member(s) You've insulted AMY, BAM! INFRACTION!

Comment

I've even soured on NXT lately. Just seems like it has lost its focus that it had built over the summer. I still catch it to see Zayn, Neville and my boy Bull, but I find myself ff'ing a lot.

I saw the thing about AIW possibly losing Turner's. Big blow. I hope they can find a new spot. They've been killing it lately. Glad Beyond got shit sorted out with Fete in RI.

Comment

I've got a ticket for the Chikara "Tomorrow Never Dies" event in December. If the weather holds out, I'm heading down to Philly for a fun evening. Pretty stoked.

Comment

I know there was stuff to see on Raw this week, but I just haven't made time to watch it. Maybe tomorrow morning while I'm working. Seems I'm watching it later and later every week.

I'm much more into watching wrestling docs/movies lately. Anyone have any recommendations? Also I just finished reading "Squared Circle: Life, Death, And Professional Wrestling". Anyone else read it? I thought it was just ok, really.

Comment

Be sure to read the Jericho books if you havent already. Also, the first 2 or 3 Foley books are execellent

Comment

Originally posted by ger. View Post
                          I know there was stuff to see on Raw this week, but I just haven't made time to watch it. Maybe tomorrow morning while I'm working. Seems I'm watching it later and later every week.

I'm much more into watching wrestling docs/movies lately. Anyone have any recommendations? Also I just finished reading "Squared Circle: Life, Death, And Professional Wrestling". Anyone else read it? I thought it was just ok, really.
                          Check out Insane Fight Club on Netflix if you haven't yet. Cool little doc on a fed over in the UK called Insane Championship Wrestling.

Comment

I'm still watching pretty much everything. WWE has been pretty bad since right before the Daniel Bryan injury, though I didn't mind seeing Roman go out for a bit to give Dean a shot.

I've also been trying really hard to make a conscious effort to watch all of the New Japan PPVs. I got through all of this year's G1 and it was pretty incredible. I'm half way through the 2nd Destruction show and then there's another pretty big one coming up on Monday. New Japan is what I've been missing in pro wrestling. Though I admit I'm only barely following the story lines (apart from the super obvious stuff that doesn't really need much explanation) the quality of matches is just off the charts.
                            @TimPopKid
                            http://www.popkid.com
                            http://www.ibuywaytoomanyrecords.com

Comment

It's hard to call WWE bad when Dean Ambrose is on TV.

Comment

Total Divas is the only WWE show I care about watching right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mattmattmatt View Post
                                  It's hard to call WWE bad when Dean Ambrose is on TV.
                                  I just find it hard to call something good when only 15 mintues every three hours is watchable
                                  http://seattlefuckingsupersonics.bandcamp.com/ pop-punk
                                  https://nightwitchfl.bandcamp.com/ - hardcore punk

Comment

All the "next big things" on the WWE roster are hurt, have left, or are not active for whatever reason (like doing movies or whatever). That plus the roster cuts a while ago have left the cupboard pretty bare over there. They definitely have a lot of figuring out to do.

Anyway, I started watching The Best of Sting and I made a separate thread about it because one of the complaints about the board is that everything is lumped into these huge general meta threads.

Comment

The injuries are killing them right now. Terribly. And the problem is, over the last few years, (with the exception of very few), they've taken almost ZERO steps to create new stars to plug into the void.

Raw was pretty alright last night. Very wrestling heavy show. Loved Show/Rusev a lot and Ziggler/Orton was a fine match. Just not sure what they're trying to do with Ambrose... seems they're not quite sure either. I hope they can figure it out.

Also been reading on a few sites today that Bryan has to get Tommy John surgery.... that's at least another 6-12 months on the shelf. Not good.

Comment

Before anyone starts hooting and hollering, I'm not requesting that Pro Wrestling Talk, much as I dislike it, be banned or censored.

But I think it's time we talked about what kind of message it sends to have the PPMB play host to a wrestling thread that basically objectifies men and their body parts for the amusement of what we could loosely call "pop punk fans."

I'm not saying or expecting that every thread or topic on this board has to be or should be politically and socially progressive. There's always room for things that are just plain silly or fun.

But this particular "fun" - to me at least - comes with its own reactionary agenda, one that reeks of male privilege and arrogance, and is basically a throwback to attitudes that should have been shoveled into the dumpster of history long ago. When I was 13 years old - which, I don't need to be reminded, was a LONG time ago - my fellow 8th graders and I would snigger at photos like these (wrestling photos), sounding much like the smirking middle-aged man-children of Pro Wrestling Talk today.

But we had the excuse of being in middle school, and of it being many decades ago. It was before any of us had heard that the outcomes of wrestling matches were pre-determined.

I'm not anti-wrestling. Much (not all) of it is garbage, true, but I think there's a place for it. But I don't think that place is here on the PPMB. If nothing else, by hosting it here, we're sending a message to every young kid who logs on that here, at least in the minds of some of our benighted male members, it will always be 1980.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by joe brds View Post
                                            Before anyone starts hooting and hollering, I'm not requesting that Pro Wrestling Talk, much as I dislike it, be banned or censored.

But I think it's time we talked about what kind of message it sends to have the PPMB play host to a wrestling thread that basically objectifies men and their body parts for the amusement of what we could loosely call "pop punk fans."

I'm not saying or expecting that every thread or topic on this board has to be or should be politically and socially progressive. There's always room for things that are just plain silly or fun.

But this particular "fun" - to me at least - comes with its own reactionary agenda, one that reeks of male privilege and arrogance, and is basically a throwback to attitudes that should have been shoveled into the dumpster of history long ago. When I was 13 years old - which, I don't need to be reminded, was a LONG time ago - my fellow 8th graders and I would snigger at photos like these (wrestling photos), sounding much like the smirking middle-aged man-children of Pro Wrestling Talk today.

But we had the excuse of being in middle school, and of it being many decades ago. It was before any of us had heard that the outcomes of wrestling matches were pre-determined.

I'm not anti-wrestling. Much (not all) of it is garbage, true, but I think there's a place for it. But I don't think that place is here on the PPMB. If nothing else, by hosting it here, we're sending a message to every young kid who logs on that here, at least in the minds of some of our benighted male members, it will always be 1980.

bravo, 10/10 !

Comment

Yep, that was funny.

Comment

Umm, what's wrong with objectifying men? Especially oiled up ones?

I haven't watched WWE in months, the whole Authority angle left me cold but I suppose there's nothing else on the roster. I mean the champ isn't on most shows, they don't even bother to mention Lesbianar anymore. I'll be glad when this angle is over though, send Lesbianar back to wherever he came from, the land of excruciatingly ugly people.

I do read one of the wrestling forums on Tuesday to see if I missed anything Monday. So far I haven't missed anything I felt like I needed to find video for on Youtube.

Comment

You might want to search for Ambrose using hotdog tongs to try to grab Seth Rollins dick.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X