Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All things Doctor Jenna's WhoHa- because you know we need this

Okay, it's the NEW Doctor Who thread.

1. USE SPOILER TAGS!!! (wait, ARE there spoiler tags?)

2. When the archives are posted, I'll link to the original Dr. Who threads in this first post.

3. New Doctor is awe. some. I am so so happy Matt Smith is gone.

4. No reason to post EG except it's an awesome photo. You're welcome.
    EG Dailey (swoon!)

eh? EH?! Now that's how you moderate a fucking message Board!

Comment

Why has this (or the previous) thread not been titled: Jenna's *euphemism or clinical lady-parts term of your choice* is bigger on the inside?!?!??!?!?

Comment

My last post on the old board still stands after the most recent episode. Love Capaldi, hate everything else about the show.

Comment

It's astonishing to me that people preferred the Rory/Amy/River convoluted mess of a melodrama over the current season. I had really hoped the Victorian lizard detective and pals wouldn't be holdovers as well, but at least they only show up every now and then.

Comment

I just think that most of the stories this season were not good, and I don't like the interaction between the Doctor and Clara.
            At least Amy was really nice to look at.

Comment

If you're saying Clara isn't attractive, you're bananas.

Regardless, agree to disagree about this season. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, despite the fact that it isn't really treading far from uncommon territory.

Comment

clara is excellent to look at. so wasn't amy, sometimes.

Comment

oooh you see her in Penny Dreadful. those horseteeth though...

Comment

Clara and Amy, both babes but MARTHA oh Martha. Storylines this season have felt weak but I've also been without wifi since the end of September so I'm falling behind.

Comment

I'm bummed that Jesse hasn't mentioned my subtle thread title change.

Comment

I'm loving Capaldi and is it just me, or are the writers inserting more deliberate comedy this season (perhaps to compensate for Capaldi's more curmudgeonly Doctor?)

Comment

Originally posted by phrank View Post
                          I'm bummed that Jesse hasn't mentioned my subtle thread title change.
                          I haven't because I'm jealous that I didn't think of it!

Comment

Spoiler: 

Madame Kavorian & the Silence- isn't she identical to the woman in the Promised Land or whatever it's called in the 1st few episodes of the new Doctor? Am I misremembering what Kavorian looked like?

I've been browsing this super-cool wiki page of Dr. Who story arcs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_arcs_in_Doctor_Who
                            Last edited by lushj; 10-30-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

(I wish there were spoilers for this post- if I figure out where they are, I'll come back & fix this post)

Okay the conversation at the end of the Orient Express episode-
                              Spoiler: 
                              the whole Clara: "So you were pretending to be heartless" and the Doctor's reply: "If that will make you feel better about it" while his face says no, I am a fucking ALIEN not a fucking emo human being from Britain! That sums up why he's a much better Doctor than the last one.

From the wikipedia page of the 12th Doctor (I haven't gone to the footnotes to double check that these statements are accurate):

Capaldi has said that his Doctor is "more alien than he's been in a while." He has stated that unlike his previous two incarnations who cared about humans and tried to understand them, this incarnation "doesn’t quite understand human beings or really care very much about their approval.”

Steven Moffat has said of this Doctor, "He's a much fiercer, madder, less reliable Doctor".[31] "He’s not as immediately approachable and he’s not necessarily looking for your approval, when he says ‘Wait here, I’ll be back’, you’re not absolutely convinced... what he’s not doing is reassuring you very much.”[32] Mark Gatiss said that Capaldi's Doctor was "sort of Tom Baker, Jon Pertwee and even Christopher Eccleston style...it’s someone who’s not immediately going to be your best friend and can be quite abrupt and rude.”[33] Moffat added to this analysis of the character by saying, “He has a tremendous ability with throwaway humor and a lot of it is around the fact that sometimes he is terribly rude."
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelfth_Doctor
                              Last edited by lushj; 10-30-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

The Orient Express episode has been my favorite of the new season.The whole feel of it was like a cross between a Baker and Pertwee episode.

Comment

Yes, it had that weird, creepy Victorian feel and it totally could've been filmed on one of the cheap pre-CGI sets of either of those Doctors with no problem!

Comment

Well, it had both versions of the doctor. The "lets go back in Earth history" and "lets go into space".

Comment

Exactly. I'll take that any day over another holiday special set in Victorian times!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Von Rocket View Post
                                        Why has this (or the previous) thread not been titled: Jenna's *euphemism or clinical lady-parts term of your choice* is bigger on the inside?!?!??!?!?
                                        I only came in here to ask/ponder if Jenna has even signed up for a new account yet, due to the title of this thread, and I came across this.

The one that people were posting in on the old board at the end, was the "new" thread. In fact, I believe the original Dr. Who thread was titled exactly that... "[Jenna Alive's whatchamacallit is bigger on the inside (a Dr. Who thread) (spoilers abound)" So, yeah...

Comment

I love Amy Pond!

Comment

This last one (flatline) seemed familiar...
                                            Spoiler: 
                                            haven't they had weird invisible beasties before? This one could've been a mid-period Matt Smith- the only cool thing was the tiny Tardis. And the whole concept of a 2-D visitor.

I only wish the story was more grandiose. I mean, the SECOND FUCKING DIMENSION HAS LIVING BEINGS IN IT!!!!

And what was the thing at the end? How did he send them back to the 2nd dimension?

Comment

I thought the 2-D episode was OK. This season has largely been about the Doctor and Clara's relationship, and each character's development through it all. Some might say it's too soap opera-ish, but I don't mind it much and definitely prefer it to another long arc about saving the world/time and space/Doctor's life.

I have no idea what to expect from tonight's episode. As usual, I'll go in with low expectations.
                                              Last edited by Boloby; 10-30-2014, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by angry ryan View Post
                                                It's astonishing to me that people preferred the Rory/Amy/River convoluted mess of a melodrama over the current season. I had really hoped the Victorian lizard detective and pals wouldn't be holdovers as well, but at least they only show up every now and then.
                                                I really like the lizard detective. The humor of the bald headed alien is welcome though sometimes it veers into cheese. Then again, I'm a pun-lover.

Comment

Storylines this season have felt weak but I've also been without wifi since the end of September so I'm falling behind.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X